I am a researcher in computer science, specialized in 3D computer graphics, head of the CG Group at Telecom ParisTech and chief scientist at Allegorithmic by Adobe.
- Since 2013: Full Professor in Computer Science, Telecom ParisTech, Paris, France.
- Since 2016: Chief Scientist at Allegorithmic.
- 2014/2016: Consultant at Allegorithmic.
- 2008/2013: Associate Professor in Computer Science, Telecom ParisTech, Paris, France.
- 2007/2008: Associate Researcher in Computer Science, CG Lab, TU Berlin, Germany.
- 2004/2007: Ph.D. Student in Computer Science, INRIA, University of Bordeaux, France.
- 2004/2008: Regular invited researcher, UBC, Vancouver, Canada.
- HDR, Computer Science, University Paris XI, 2012
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Bordeaux, 2007
- MSc, Computer Science, University of Bordeaux, 2004
- Best Paper Award (Shape Modeling International 2017)
- Best Paper Award (Shape Modeling International 2016)
- Second Place Winner of the Wolfgang Straßer Award (Best Paper ACM SIGGRAPH/EUROGRAPHICS High Performance Graphics 2015)
- Best Paper Award (IEEE 3DUI 2015)
- Top 10% Paper Award (IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2014)
- Best Poster Award (Symposium on Geometry Processing 2012)
- Dirk Bartz Prize Honorable Mention for Visual Computing in Medicine (Eurographics 2011)
- Gunter Enderle Award (Best Paper) at Eurographics 2006)
- Best Student Paper Award (Eurographics 2006)
- Best Paper Award AFIG (French Computer Graphics Conference 2004)
My research areas focus on 3D Computer Graphics, with a special interest in Modeling and Rendering efficiently 3D data, which include:
For more information, see my publications, my Google Scholar profile and my YouTube channel. See also a recent siminar (in French) I gave at College de France.
Current PhD Students:
I also collaborate with Corentin Mercier.
- Adrien Kaiser
- Thibault Lescoat
- Sylvain Rousseau
- Jérémie Schertzer
Graduated PhD Students:
- Bert Buchholz (now at TU Delft)
- Noura Faraj
- Thierry Guillemot (now at University Paris Descartes)
- Emilie Guy (now at Weta Digital)
- Matthias Holländer (now at NVIDIA)
- Jing Huang
- Jean-Marc Thiery (now faculty at Telecom ParisTech)
- Guillaume Vialaneix (now at Autodesk)
- Leila Schemali (now at Technicolor)
- Stephane Calderon (now at Coventor)
- Malik Boughida (now at Dassault Systèmes)
- Hélène Legrand (now research engineer)
- Gilles Laurent (now at Dasault Systèmes)
- Web3D 2011 Program Chair
- HPG 2012 Conference Co-Chair
- EGSR 2012 Co-Conference Chair
- SIGGRAPH 2012 Student Research Competition (SRC)
- SGP 2018 Conference Co-Chair
- EGSR 2019 Program Co-Chair
Program Committee Member:
- SIGGRAPH (2013, 2014, 2016, 2019)
- SIGGRAPH Asia (2012, 2017, 2018)
- EUROGRAPHICS (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
- EGSR (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- SGP (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Shape Modeling International (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
- Graphics Interface 2016
- High Performance Graphics (2012, 2017)
- Geometric Modeling and Processing (2010, 2011, 2012)
- I3D (2018, 2019)
- VMV 2011
- VAST 2011
- Web3D (2011, 2012)
- 3DPVT (2010, 2011, 2012)
- PVC 2010
- SMVC 2010
Software & Resources
Research apps and source codes:
- qMini: a minimal QT-based OpenGL app. Beta (OpenGL2.0/QT4). An old version for OpenGL1.2 is also available here
- gMini: a minimal code to display a mesh in OpenGL. Last version on google code - Beta (OpenGL 1.2) - Beta SL (OpenGL 2.0)
- web-gMini: a simple WebGL version of gMini and qMini, allowing to load a 3D file and vvisualize it right in the browser. Uses Three.js. Run it here.
- pMini: a minimal binary point set (point+normal) viewer in OpenGL. Beta (OpenGL 1.2)
- grid2mesh: a minimal volumetric grid (in/out label) mesher. Beta
- 3D Point Sets: a few point sets acquired during our research project on 3D capture. Link to the download page
- 3DLife 3D Scenes: two 3D environments designed for the 3DLife project.
- Reverie 3D Scenes: anvironments designed for the Reverie project.
- Medical 3D Models: fetal and mother numerical models from our FEMONUM project.
- SBIR Benchmark: our benchmark data set for sketch-based image retrieval (SBIR).
I am the co-head of the 3D & Interactive Systems Master Track at Telecom ParisTech. I am the head or co-head of the following classes:
- Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality (IGR202), Winter, Master degree, Telecom ParisTech
- Rendering: Theory and Practice (INF584), Winter, Master degree, Ecole Polytechnique
- Advanced 3D Computer Graphics (SI960), Fall, Master degree (2nd year), Telecom ParisTech & University Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI)
- Point Clouds and 3D Modeling (SI954), Winter, Master MVA, ENS Paris-Saclay.
- Interactive 3D apps with OpenGL (IGR201), Fall, Master degree, Telecom ParisTech