Before that (from 2001 to 2018), I was Senior Researcher (Directeur de recherche) at IRCAM leading research related to Music Information Retrieval. I received my PHD on signal processing for speech processing in 2001 and my Habilitation (HDR) on Music Information Retrieval in 2013 from University Paris VI.
My research topics concern signal processing and machine learning (including deep learning) for the automatic analysis of audio with a strong focus on music (timbre description, audio features, singing voice, source separation, beat/downbeat/rhythm estimation, chord/key/multi-pitch estimation, music structure/summary, audio-identification, cover-version, auto-tagging), evaluation methodologies and corpus creation. I'm the author of numerous articles and several patents in these areas and co-author of the ISO MPEG-7 audio standard.
I have been co-general-chair of the DAFx-2011 and ISMIR-2018 conferences, co-program-chair of the ISMIR-2019 conference. I'm a member of the DAFx board, IEEE Task Force on Computational Audio Processing. I've been been elected in the ISMIR board for the period 2016-2017 and 2018-2019 and has been elected ISMIR president for the period 2022-2023.
My teaching mainly concerns
- signal processing,
- deep learning,
- music information retrieval
- 2018: Full Professor at Télécom-ParisTech (LTCI)
- 2016: Senior Researcher (Directeur de recherche) at IRCAM (UMR STMS)
- 2008: Project leader at IRCAM
- 2001: Researcher (Chargé de recherche) at IRCAM
- 2013: HDR (Habilitation a Diriger des Recherches) - University Paris VI pdf Link
- 2001: PhD in Computer Science - University Paris VI pdf Link
- 1995: Master in electronic engineering - Polytechnique Louvain-la-Neuve
- email: firstname dot name @ telecom-paris dot fr
- address: 19 place Marguerite Perey (5C58), 91120 Palaiseau, France
- office: 5C58
- phone: +33 1 75 31 97 17