- Emeritus Professor at Telecom ParisTech, Institut Mines-Telecom
- Image processing, pattern recognition
- +33 1 45 81 76 55 -
henri.maitre @ telecom-paristech.fr
- Ingénieur Ecole Centrale de Lyon 1971
- AEA Fluid Mechanics, University of Lyon, 1971
- DEA Coherent Optics, University of Paris- Orsay, 1972
- Thèse d'Etat Applied Physics, University Paris 6, 1982
Professional career (positions at Teleccom ParisTech (alias "ENST", "Ecole Nationale Supérieure
des Télécommunications", "Sup Télécom", "Telecom Paris") since 1971) :
- Research ingenieur (1972-1976), assistant professor (1976-1981), professor (1981-2013)
- Head of IMAGES Department (1987-1998)
- Head of Signal and Image Processing Department
- Director of Joint CNRS-Telecom-ParisTech Lab "Laboratoire de Traitement et Communication de
l'information" (LTCI), UMR 5141
(2002 - 2012)
- Deputy Director EDITE Doctoral School EDITE de Paris (ED 130)
(2008 - 2012)
Telecom ParisTech Deputy Director (up to 1-03-2013)
- Telecom ParisTech Dean for Research (up to
- Invited Professor Wuhan University (2013-2017) - Signal Processing Lab., School of Electronic Information.
| February 2022 - new !!! Esthétique de la photographie numérique What aesthetics may well mean? How have aesthetical judgements evolved in 25 centuries? Why do we say that a photo is beautiful? How useful may Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence be in assessing beauty of images? Are aesthetical assessments similar for different cultural civilisations?
Ouvrage available from ISTE either in e-book or on paper.
- Table des matières
available from ISTE
in French (9,90 € pdf, 62 € paper, a bargain !) - A second edition now available!
or in English, from Wiley (English
text) - A second edition now available!
Recent publications :
Interview with Claire Mathieu and Serge Abiteboul from Société Informatique de France (SIF) :
"From holography to digital images" and
"The meaning of Image"
on the Binaire blog of LeMonde.fr
- The unique
Library of image processing examples (not maintained but still working since
1989, thanks to Dominique Asselineau)
- a link on my extra-professionnal activities page where you are invited to visit some topics with different cultural goals. Welcome