Document updated on May 8th, 2002
To Tools page
Back to Main page
THIS IS A CONTRACT. IF YOU PROCEED TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR INSTALL
AND/OR USE THE FILES IN THIS SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS,
CONDITIONS AND OBLIGATIONS IMPOSED UPON YOU BY THIS CONTRACT.
This Software product is a copyright (c) 2001 of Ecole Nationale
Supérieure des Télécommunications (ENST). All title and copyright
in and to the Software (including but not limited to any images,
animations, and text incorporated into the Software) are owned by
You are granted a free license to the use of any number of copies
of the latest freely distributed version of the Software for the
development of the MPEG-4 standard provided that you agree to the
. You shall use the software for commercial or non-commercial
purposes only for the development of MPEG-4 compliant products
or for the promotion of the MPEG-4 standard.
. The Software is owned by ENST, and its structure, organization
and code are the valuable trade secrets of ENST. You agree not
to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile,
disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of
the Software, or to give, rent, lend, sell or lease the Software
. THE SOFTWARE IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE "AS IS" AND WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ANY
WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY WARRANTY AS TO
NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR ANY OTHER
WARRANTY WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
. You assume the entire risk of using the Software. ENST ACCEPTS
NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT WILL ENST BE LIABLE TO YOU
OR THIRD PARTIES FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL
DAMAGES, EVEN IF ENST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of France. If any
part of this Agreement is found void or unenforceable, it will
not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement.
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, understand it,
and that by downloading or using the Software, you agree to be
bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
MP4TOOL and CONFTOOL include Xerces and Xalan, which are subject to the following licence:
* The Apache Software License, Version 1.1
* Copyright (c) 1999-2000 The Apache Software Foundation. All rights
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
* the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* 3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution,
* if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
* "This product includes software developed by the
* Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/)."
* Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself,
* if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
* 4. The names "Xerces" and "Apache Software Foundation" must
* not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
* software without prior written permission. For written
* permission, please contact email@example.com.
* 5. Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache",
* nor may "Apache" appear in their name, without prior written
* permission of the Apache Software Foundation.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
* DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE APACHE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION OR
* ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
* USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
* ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
* OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
* OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
* This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
* individuals on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation and was
* originally based on software copyright (c) 1999, International
* Business Machines, Inc., http://www.ibm.com. For more
* information on the Apache Software Foundation, please see
Page maintained by Jean-Claude Dufourd and the MPEG-4 Tools and Services team