- Academic qualifications
- Implementation-level attacks and countermeasures
- Hardware design
- Co-advisor of Éloi de Chérisey, CDSN ENS Cachan, with
Topic: "Towards an optimal protection against the side-channel threat"
- Co-advisor of Khaled Karray, with
Topic: "Cyber-security of connected vehicules: security modelization and evaluation"
- Co-advisor of Damien Marion with Yves Mathieu, CIFRE at Secure-IC S.A.S.
Topic: "Attaques avancées (sur des systèmes embarqués protégés) par canaux auxiliaires"
- Advisor of Margaux Dugardin, CIFRE at Thales.
Topic: "Optimization of side-channel leakage samples research on cryptographic devices"
- Advisor of Nicolas Bruneau, CIFRE at STMicroelectronics.
Topic: "Improvement of side-channel distinguishers by machine learning techniques"
- Advisor of Pablo Rauzy.
Topic: "Computer science technics for the modeling and the programming of secure embedded systems"
- Co-advisor of Annelie Heuser with
Topic: "Distinguishing distinguishers"
(Annelie won 1st prize of TELECOM foundation and
is ranked 1st PhD of TELECOM-ParisTech)
- Co-advisor of Éloi de Chérisey, CDSN ENS Cachan, with Olivier Rioul.
- Long-term education: at TELECOM-ParisTech, TELECOM-Bretagne and Centrale-Supelec Rennes
- Trusted computing for embedded devices
- Cyber-physical security
- Prototyping cryptographic designs in ASIC and in FPGA
- Mathematics for side-channel and fault injection analyses
- Formal proofs
- Invited talk at the "Codes, Cryptology and Information Security" Second International Conference in honor of Professor Claude Carlet, at Mohammed V University in Rabat, Morocco, April 10 -12, 2017
- Program chair of COSADE 2017, April 13-14, Paris, France.
- Invited speaker at the journée "Nouvelles Avancées en Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information" organized on January 25, 2017, at INSA Toulouse, France.
- Organizer of the workshop "Security and Sovereignty in the Information Technology Supply Chain" (Télécom ParisTech, Fraunhofer SIT, KIT ITAS), Darmstadt, Germany, January 12, 2017.
- Program committee co-chair with Nele Mentens of the "Reconfigurable Computing for Security and Cryptography" track of ReConFig 2016, Cancun, Mexico, November 30-December 2, 2016
- Invited speaker at the "Mobile Systems Technologies" conference, on September 23, at Polimi, Milano, Italy
- Invited talk "Vulnerability analysis and tools for low level software" at Cybersecurity France-Japan, Rennes, France, September 22, 2016
- Invited speaker at the "Kayaks & Dreadnoughts in a sea of crypto" workshop on secure communications and computation for very small and very big IT systems, Bruxelles, Belgium, September 15-16, 2016
- Invited speaker at the CryptoIC'16 sponsored by the CACR, August 29, 2016, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- Program committee co-chair with Dooho Choi of WISA 2016, August 25-27, Jeju Island, Korea
- Invited speaker at the Summer School on Public-Key Cryptography, Bad Herrenalb, Germany, August 7-12, 2016
- Talk at the Wireless Technology Park 2016, Tokyo Big Sight, Japan, May 25-27, 2016
- Call for papers for the PROOFS 2016 workshop, (August 20th, UCSB, California, USA) (submission deadline: June 14)
- Invited keynote speaker at the COGITO Workshop on Runtime Code Generation for Secured Embedded Devices, Palaiseau, France, on December 3rd, 2015
- Invited talk at the Séminaire de géométrie et algèbre effectives, Rennes 1 U., France, on October 16, 2015
- Speaker at the Workshop on Implementation: Security and Evaluation (WISE — slides), Paris, on September 11, 2015
- Invited talk at the Workshop on Practical Hardware Innovations in Security Implementation and Characterization (PHISIC), Gardanne, on May 19, 2015
- Invited talk at the Innovation Workshop, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, on March 31, 2015
- Invited talk at the Temasek Labs seminar of NTU, Singapore, on February 26, 2015
- Invited talk at the Seminar on Security of Embedded Electronic Systems of IRISA, Rennes, on February 6, 2015
- Invited talk at the ASTRE seminar of Cergy-Pointoise U., on November 25, 2014
- Program committee co-chair of PROOFS 2014, September 27th, Paradise Hotel, Panorama conference room, Busan, Korea
- Invited talk at the CESCA seminar of Virginia-Tech, on May 8, 2014
- Program committee co-chair of SPACE 2013, October 19th to 23rd, IIT Kharagpur, WB, India (Springer LNCS 8204 proceedings)
- Co-founder of the spin-off Secure-IC S.A.S.; now appointed as scientific and strategic advisor (GPG Public key sylvain_DOT_guilley_AT_secure-ic_DOT_com_public_key.asc)
- Participant to CARTES 2013, and winner of the SESAMES award in category "Manufacturing & Test" (official press picture)
Open positions for 2014
- Master 2 internships:
- Revealing secrets from embedded cryptographic devices (also online here)
- Web side-channels (also online here)
- Formal Study of a Countermeasure Against Side-Channel Attacks
- Protecting Elliptic Curve Cryptography Against Fault Injection Attacks
- Evaluation of Private Circuits II as protection against Hardware Trojan Horses
- Cyber-Sécurité des véhicules connectés : modélisation et évaluation de la sécurité
- Cyber-Sécurité des véhicules connectés : mise œuvre d’une authentification optimisée
- PhD positions:
- Vulnérabilité et menaces matérielles portant sur un système de traçabilité
- Calculer dans les codes comme contremesure aux attaques physiques
- Insertion automatique de contre-mesures dans des circuits de sécurité
- Attaques FIRE : Rétroconception de cryptographie secrète
- Preuve formelle de contre-mesures aux attaques sur les implémentations cryptographiques
- Réalisation de blocs matériels sécurisés