|ccnSim is a scalable chunk-level simulator of Content Centric Networks (CCN), that we developed in the context of the ANR Project Connect.|
- Giuseppe Rossini (lead developer)
- Raffele Chiocchetti (developer)
- Dario Rossi (occasional debugger)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ccnSim is written in C++ under the Omnet++ framework, and allows to assess CCN performance in scenarios with large orders of magnitude for CCN content stores (up to 10^6 chunks) and Internet catalog sizes (up to 10^8 files) on off-the-shelf hardware (i.e, a PC with a fair amount of RAM).
To promote cross-comparison in the scientific community, we make the simulator available as open-source software.
- The version above is a clean-up of the simulator we used to get results published in [1-7].
- The simulator requires a 64-bits Linux kernel, but should otherwise work with many versions of Linux (see howto for further details)
- We have prepared a brief howto (included in the source code) that explain how to bootstrap with ccnSim.
- If you use ccnSim, we ask you to please acknowledge our work by citing .
Finally, in the near future we plan to release:
- a detailed performance analysis of the current version of ccnSim (in the form of the MSc thesis report of Raffaele), that will be available during May.
- a second version of ccnSim, with a significantly reviewed module structure, that will be available this summer -- so stay tuned for further information!
- I have troubles installing omnet++ 4.1 with gcc-4.6
- How do I simulate a tree topology?
- Giuseppe Rossini and Dario Rossi, Evaluating CCN multi-path interest forwarding strategies . Elsevier Computer Communication, SI on Information Centric Networking, to appear, 2013.
- R. Chiocchetti, D. Perino, G. Carofiglio, D. Rossi, G. Rossini, INFORM: a Dynamic Interest Forwarding Mechanism for Information Centric Networking . In ACM SIGCOMM Worskhop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), 2013.
- G. Rossini, D. Rossi, A dive into the caching performance of Content Centric Networking . In IEEE 17th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD'12), pages 105-109, september 2012.
- G. Rossini and D. Rossi, Large scale simulation of CCN networks . In Algotel 2012 , La Grande Motte, France, May 2012.
- Dario Rossi, A dive into CCN$^\star$ caching performance . In Talk at IETF83, ICNRG meeting, Mar. 31 2012.
- D. Rossi and G. Rossini, On sizing CCN content stores by exploiting topological information . In IEEE INFOCOM, NOMEN Worshop, , pages 280-285, Orlando, FL, March 25-30 2012.
- Raffaele Chiocchetti, Dario Rossi, Giuseppe Rossini, Giovanna Carofiglio and Diego Perino,, Exploit the known or explore the unknown: Hamlet-like doubts in ICN . In ACM SIGCOMM, ICN Workshop,, 2012.
- D. Rossi, G. Rossini, Caching performance of content centric networks under multi-path routing (and more) . Technical report, Telecom ParisTech, 2011.