Associate Professor / Maître de conférences
My research is centered on quantum information and quantum cryptography, with a particular focus on optical quantum communications and quantum key distribution (QKD).
I am currently working on two main objectives
* Quantum coherent optical communications, with an emphasis on continuous-variable quantum key distribution, experimental system development and optical networking.
* Hybrid (quantum/computational) security models in quantum cryptography. The objective is to develop new protocols capable of offering long-term security guarantees - inaccessible with computational-only techniques - while presenting higher versatility and lower implementation complexity than QKD.
After graduating from ENS Paris, Romain Alléaume has completed his PhD at University Paris VI and ENS Cachan in 2004, on experimental quantum cryptography with single-photon sources, he was the co-recipient of “magazine La Recherche” scientific prize 2004. He then joined Telecom ParisTech to coordinate of the work on QKD networks performed within the European FP6 project SECOQC that culminated by the first demonstration of a QKD network in Europe. Romain Alléaume co-founded the start-up company SeQureNet in 2008, who has developped the first commercial continous-variable QKD product, Cygnus, released in 2012. He participated to two national projects on quantum key distribution PROSPIQ (2006-2009) and SEQURE (2007-2010), as well as the French-Canadian project FREQUENCY dedicated fundamental research on quantum cryptography. Romain Alléaume then coordinated national and european projects, with an emphasis on QKD implementation security (FP7 Q-CERT, 2008-2012) and on the optical integration of QKD in telecommunications networks (French ANR Quantum-WDM, 2012-2015). He is also a member of the ETSI QKD Industry Standardization Group, and an active contributor to the international scientific and technical effort on QKD technology, and quantum cryptography.
Hao Qin, Rupesh Kumar, Romain Alléaume. Quantum hacking: saturation attack on practical continuous-variable quantum key distribution. arXiv preprint arXiv:1511.01007. (2015).
Rupesh Kumar, Hao Qin, Romain Alléaume, Coexistence of continuous variable QKD with intense DWDM classical channels. New Journal of Physics, 17(4), 043027. (2015).
Romain Alléaume, Cyril Branciard, Jan Bouda, Thierry Debuisschert, Mehrdad Dianati, Nicolas Gisin, Mark Godfrey, Philippe Grangier, Thomas Länger, Norbert Lütkenhaus, Christian Monyk, Philippe Painchault, Momtchil Peev, Andreas Poppe, Thomas Pornin, John Rarity, Renato Renner, Gregoire Ribordy, Michel Riguidel, Louis Salvail, Andrew Shields, Harald Weinfurter, Anton Zeilinger:
Using quantum key distribution for cryptographic purposes: A survey. Theor. Comput. Sci. 560: 62-81 (2014)
Publications on Google Scholar
Publications from Telecom ParisTech database (publications, conference papers, patent, etc.)
* Quantum computing and quantum information, ACCQ206, Master1 course at Telecom ParisTech (2016)
* Quantum communications, Option of Masters 2 OMP and LuMi, (2013-2016)
* Introduction to Quantum cryptography and quantum computing, Master Cybersecurity, (2016).
* Security services and cryptographic mechanisms, SR2I202, M1 course at Telecom ParisTech, (2010-2016)
* Micro-Nano-Physics, MNP, First year (L3) course on quantum mechanics and statistical physics at Telecom ParisTech, (2012-2016)
* Introduction to Quantum information and quantum computing, Formation des Ingénieurs du Corps des Mines (2012, 2013, 2014)
* Quantum Computation and Communications, SI349, M1 course at Telecom ParisTech (2006-2012)
* Quantum Cryptography, quantum coding and quantum information theory, MDI 344 , Master 1 course at Telecom ParisTech(2009, (2010).
* Information Theory, COMMDI225, M1 course at Telecom ParisTech (2006, 2007)
* Error Correcting Codes, within the Master Spécialisé Radio Mobile (2005, 2006, 2007)